Brownsound or Browntom?

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.

You Decide

Brownsound
47%
Brown Tom
53%

Total votes: 17

Capoeirista666
Bunkface
First name: Bob
Brownsound or Browntom?

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Hey I'd like to know which of em you prefer, personally i like em both
Last edited by Boni on Sat May 08, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a poll
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Brownsound or Browntom?

Post by FuckT41182 »

it's hard to say because Dave was with band for such a long time...but Tom's cool and I think he fits to Sum 41...and Gob's cool too...now they all are happy and it's just perfect...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

yeah that's how i feel too but sometimes i wish dave was back
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Hard one ..
If Sum 41 was still where his hearth beats and I had to make the call, I think would prefer Dave, because he was so much more than a good guitar player for them. But I really don't want Tom to leave either because he is now more than that, too. I am happy with either of them, I would just be a little more happy if Dave was also still around.
The most important thing is that they go with who they are, what ever that means for them.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

now as I was thinking back to the past I found something what I really miss...I admit that Tom is an amazing singer and I love Gob and his voice too...but Dave's singing in There's No Solution acoustic or back vocals is something I will never forget...Dave has a great voice...here you can hear his amazing back vocals since 2:15 ...
[youtube]tc4oI5jGhc0&feature=related[/youtube]
one thing that I really miss :sosad:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

sorry...here you can hear it since 2:15...
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

I was just about to say you can barely hear it there because Deryck sings the same second vocals as Dave there, only an octave lower.
- Stevo32

Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

yeah that's one reason to miss dave, but i also miss the fact he was black, it gave a different style to the band
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

lol he wasn't black, but I get what you mean. He made Sum 41 appear more colorful and diverse, both literally and figuratively and there is no need to deny that. He was in a good way very different from everyone else in the band and I think that played a big role in their international success although Deryck sometimes made it sound like it was all his work, because he has always done the songwriting. I like to think it's his way of saying: We miss you but we will get by without you. And yes, Tom is one white motherfucker, but a likable, funny and talented one and even Dave himself said he is a great replacement and that really should stand for something.
- Stevo32

Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

i think they both had a special sense of humor, different of the "dirty" one of the rest of the band
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Simon wrote:Hard one ..
If Sum 41 was still where his hearth beats and I had to make the call, I think would prefer Dave, because he was so much more than a good guitar player for them. But I really don't want Tom to leave either because he is now more than that, too. I am happy with either of them, I would just be a little more happy if Dave was also still around.
The most important thing is that they go with who they are, what ever that means for them.
I couldn't agree more!
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

the thing is i find tom a bit "static" on stage, compared to dave who was always jumping around
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

It's kinda like he's a bot put there to simply play Sum 41.

I like the guy, he's wonderful. Jus when i think of him, i don't say "Tom Thacker, lead guitarist of Sum 41." I think of old Dave, and Gob. Hopefully, that will change one day.
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

yeah, but about dave's voice, i admit it was awesome but i think tom's voice fits the band's new style better
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Lol, i don't think too many of us agree on that.
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

yeah i know, but i think its cos you're all used to dave's voice, but seeing i've only been listening to sum 41 for 3 months now i don't find tom's voice too bothering
Simon
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Simon »

You might have a point there.
- Stevo32

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

No he doesn't ...how you can say style when we talk about Sum 41 ??? all of their albums are different...I agree that his voice fits better to Underclass Hero...but they still play Chuck and DTLI live too...and the most important thing,the newest album will be darker and similar to Chuck or DTLI...so I think Dave's voice could be used again...but it's useless to talk Dave's is gone and Sum 41 still rocks and I believe that with new album they will rock more then ever! and the song with Tom's possible singing too :winkwink:
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

FuckT41182 wrote:No he doesn't ...how you can say style when we talk about Sum 41 ??? all of their albums are different...I agree that his voice fits better to Underclass Hero...but they still play Chuck and DTLI live too...and the most important thing,the newest album will be darker and similar to Chuck or DTLI...so I think Dave's voice could be used again...but it's useless to talk Dave's is gone and Sum 41 still rocks and I believe that with new album they will rock more then ever! and the song with Tom's possible singing too :winkwink:
yeah sorry i meant it fits with underclass hero, and i think they should play more songs of UH live, cos it feels like they don't care about it and i personnaly think it's awesome
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:No he doesn't ...how you can say style when we talk about Sum 41 ??? all of their albums are different...I agree that his voice fits better to Underclass Hero...but they still play Chuck and DTLI live too...and the most important thing,the newest album will be darker and similar to Chuck or DTLI...so I think Dave's voice could be used again...but it's useless to talk Dave's is gone and Sum 41 still rocks and I believe that with new album they will rock more then ever! and the song with Tom's possible singing too :winkwink:
yeah sorry i meant it fits with underclass hero, and i think they should play more songs of UH live, cos it feels like they don't care about it and i personnaly think it's awesome
I like UH too...and I'm not happy that Deryck divorced but ya know I find it kind of funny...because just imagine what did the song With Me or Best of Me mean for Deryck...and guess what it means these days ...there was a couple of songs about Avril ...and Always is too about her :D I don't know if he wants to sing these songs now...but they should play live Speak of the Devil,Count Your Last Blessings...