Seriously?!?

Talk about anything related to games here: video games, board games, games passed down from your great great grandpa's dad, or any other type of game.

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Seriously?!?

Post by Jake-41 »

TGS 2009: Next Gears of War Next-Gen?

Epic put four to five year wait on next instalment.
by Martin Robinson

September 25, 2009 - The wait for Gears of War 3 could be longer than expected, with Epic Games President Mike Capps saying it will be released on the next generation of consoles – meaning that it could be between four to five years until we see Marcus Fenix and company again.

Capps was addressing an audience at this week's Tokyo Game Show in a Q&A session – attended by Eurogamer - that announced the foundation of a Japanese studio for the US developer.

Regarding the future of Epic's revered console series, Capp said "If there were a next Gears of War, that will be for the next console generation, whenever that is. If someone knows, please tell me! That's about four or five years away, I think."

He also revealed that the company has been working on Unreal Engine 4, the successor to the omnipresent Unreal Engine 3, for seven years, and that it would be fully compliant with the next generation of consoles.

Gears of War 2 was one of last year's biggest games, awarded a gushing 9.5 in our review. Given the two year gap between the first and second games, many had hoped the third instalment would come sooner.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1028443p1.html

Ridiculous...
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: Seriously?!?

Post by Bobbyjames »

what's the point in waiting that long?
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

bobbyjames wrote:what's the point in waiting that long?
Hideo Kojima did it with Metal Gear Solid 2 and that was one of the best selling games for the PlayStation 2 so there maybe some method in their madness.

Plus, First/Third person shoots have all be tired out this gen, so maybe when Unreal 4 game engine is out, it might just give as some new things to play with.
[donate][/donate]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

I was hoping by the time the next generation of consoles come out I'd be able to fuck it and not be called a weirdo.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

bobbyjames wrote:I was hoping by the time the next generation of consoles come out I'd be able to fuck it and not be called a weirdo.
Naw, i think that will be the case with the next wii generation. :smug:

Anyway, point being it's stupid to have to wait that long. I'll forget about it in that time.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

surely they would make more money releasing one in the next couple of years then a new one once the new generation of consoles are out. it's not rocket science.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

bobbyjames wrote:surely they would make more money releasing one in the next couple of years then a new one once the new generation of consoles are out. it's not rocket science.
But you've got to remember that Gear of War didn't get them as near as any money as the Unreal Game Engine or Unreal Torunament and that's what their focus right now. The revenue that would generate more money and that's why they have put GoW3 onto the back-burner. They will mostly likely continue to support GoW2 with new maps and game updates.
[donate][/donate]
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:surely they would make more money releasing one in the next couple of years then a new one once the new generation of consoles are out. it's not rocket science.
But you've got to remember that Gear of War didn't get them as near as any money as the Unreal Game Engine or Unreal Torunament and that's what their focus right now. The revenue that would generate more money and that's why they have put GoW3 onto the back-burner. They will mostly likely continue to support GoW2 with new maps and game updates.
Which their hasen't been a new one since early fall. So no, their not doing anything right now.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

Jake-41 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Which their hasen't been a new one since early fall. So no, their not doing anything right now.
Dude, do you have any idea how long it takes to create DLC, do you have any idea how time-consuming coding a game is. Early fall was 3 months ago, hardly a long time.
[donate][/donate]
Jake-41
Underclass Hero

Post by Jake-41 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
Dude, do you have any idea how long it takes to create DLC, do you have any idea how time-consuming coding a game is. Early fall was 3 months ago, hardly a long time.
Doesen't bother me. I don't download add on's anyway.
I just thought they'd try to get ONE more out during this generation. It would make more sense in my mind, cos the game is popular right now.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

I don't care, Buzz is way better anyway.