What's gonna be on the new album?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

RODNEYMULLEN
Hooch

What's gonna be on the new album?

Post by RODNEYMULLEN »

Remember all the blogs about all the new music deryck was writing? Well he said he had alot of songs, i don't remember the specifics but it was like 17 songs or something. And also all the studio videos that were posted months ago. Well they're taking so long it almost seems like they're not gonna use any of those songs on the album. Deryck kept writing about how he was so happy with the songs he was writing but now we're not hearing anything. So what's gonna be on the new album? The songs he was blogging about or are they writing brand new songs for the next album. Because the songs he was writing earlier was described as somewhere in between dtli? and chuck, so i'll be pissed if they put out another underclass hero.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: What's gonna be on the new album?

Post by TomiT14 »

Yeah, few months ago he had 16 songs written for the new album. About a month ago, he had only about 6-7 songs written for it.
The first 16 were something between DTLI and Chuck. The new 6-7 are something like Chuck, but still totally different. So go figure.

But either way, I'm still pretty sure it's going to be a lot heavier and more guitar-based than UH.
All I worry about is, I hope the 10+ songs he has scrapped from the album won't get forgotten. Make them B-sides or an EP or something.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Or, it could be like a 21'st Century Breakdown kinda thing and have like, 24 tracks and even though 14 of em really suck!...
You're still VERY happy that they released so many at one time!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, I guess some of the old ones left and some are replaced. Deryck kept saying how he was writing new stuff and all, and how he just continued writing and came up with better songs than the old ones and such, so I bet some of old ones stayed, the ones he liked best or whatever, and some were replaced with new ones. I do hope however, those that won't make it to the album but were already demoed and stuff, will be released as an EP or maybe just as demos for free or on Myspace.
Tyler41
Walking Disaster
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Tyler41 »

Jake-41 wrote:Or, it could be like a 21'st Century Breakdown kinda thing and have like, 24 tracks and even though 14 of em really suck!...
whaaaaaaaaat? that whole green day cd was amazing!
but yeah, thatd be kinda cool if sum 41 did something like that.
All that I need is time for me to breathe. Dream little dreams that only I believe. Now that I see beyond the light, I'm gonna be, I'll be alright.
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Tyler41 wrote:
Jake-41 wrote:Or, it could be like a 21'st Century Breakdown kinda thing and have like, 24 tracks and even though 14 of em really suck!...
whaaaaaaaaat? that whole green day cd was amazing!
but yeah, thatd be kinda cool if sum 41 did something like that.
Nah, he's right. That CD is shite. Same old shit.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

I think they should release the demos
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I really don't like when I got an album that has over 15 songs for some reason unless it contains bonus tracks or if it's like one of those complication albums.
[donate][/donate]
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

All the songs that deryck was talking about back in Jan/feb were just rough demos. As of now they are just starting to record proper demos for the album. They still have to properly record everything in a studio. Though I hope they have majority of the songs completed and the studio period goes really fast.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Hentaiman »

2712 wrote:All the songs that deryck was talking about back in Jan/feb were just rough demos. As of now they are just starting to record proper demos for the album. They still have to properly record everything in a studio. Though I hope they have majority of the songs completed and the studio period goes really fast.
Yeah, the studio stuff could go really smooth to be honest. I mean, lots of bands just get in the studio and start demoing while recording, like... demo a song, then record it, and meanwhile even write. Sometimes bands come unprepared to the studio, started changing and stuff.
I just got to listen to all this stuff, when I saw Useless ID this tuesday in a local music store giving an artist class, it was really cool, they were talking about this whole studio process and writing and stuff.

Considering Deryck already wrote and demoed so much and they are working so hard on this stuff to sound really good for them, I would think they will come to the studio when they are 100% prepared with the songs, which means recording could be really fast, if they won't change alot and alter songs in the studio.
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

i'm so bored of talking about this lol.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

iemnaiz wrote:i'm so bored of talking about this lol.
Haha, we've run it into the ground.