Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: DERYCK INTERVIEW !!!!!!! SUM 41 FRANCE

Post by Hentaiman »

Wow, a great interview! Finally an interesting interview about the new album, cuz everything has been asked already, that they are around 6 or 7 songs into the album and that it'll be out in summer 2010... but this really got me excited, all the talk about the new heavy sound, the new lyrical stuff, the fact that Tom would probably appear on the album, I mean, like Deryck said Dave did the solos, I bet Tom could pull off some kickass solos Deryck couldn't... like thos heavy solos on Gob's latest record. Though, again, it seemed so annoying about Deryck talking that it was this way with Dave too... that he wrote like 90% of riffs and solos, and just gave Dave the harder solos to play or whatever... I'm pretty fuckin' sure Dave had a bigger part.
Eh, nevermind, it was just cool to hear this new info, and an accordion solo could really be cool, though I don't know how it'll fit a record which is less pop punk and more dark and Chuck-like.
Shibby
Billy Spleen

Post by Shibby »

fenderrocks wrote:
spiROZE wrote:
Shibby wrote:I really like the words "Guitar Heavy". Even if it won't sound like DTLI? or Chuck.
yeah agree, underclass hero was really bad imo and he tells us the next record will be harder again like those 2.. so I'm excited :)
Its so weird that I love UH, when the majority doesn't..lol... I love all their music and I'm glad they are keeping with the path of not doing the same sounding album, trying something new, but still Sum41
I like Underclass Hero, but I like DTLI? and Chuck better. I love the mix of punk, hardrock and metal. They've proven they can play awesome guitar solo's without becoming a metalband.
"It doesn't matter who wins here. Our fight will continue. The loser will be liberated from the battlefield, and the survivor will live out the rest of his days as a soldier" -Big Boss
The Witness
Ma Poubelle
First name: Nick

Post by The Witness »

You should be the news poster!
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

good news....and I'm back!
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

sumfan4 wrote:good news....and I'm back!
Your sig gives me bonerz.
jackzagal
First name: Jose

Post by jackzagal »

Great interview! I like what Deryck says about next album, it makes me feel very confident :happy:

"I tried to be perfect, but nothing was worth it." Pieces, Chuck, Sum 41.
jsd2
Bunkface

Post by jsd2 »

Hentaiman wrote:all the talk about the new heavy sound, the new lyrical stuff, the fact that Tom would probably appear on the album, I mean, like Deryck said Dave did the solos, I bet Tom could pull off some kickass solos Deryck couldn't... like thos heavy solos on Gob's latest record.
Please, Deryck (if you're reading), understand that what Hentaiman wrote above is what I feel a key ingredient to getting the new Sum 41 album into high gear, and NEEDS to be done!