Pickup Routing

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Jeremy Kill
Pickup Routing

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Can standard Telecaster bodies be routed to have a humbucker for a bridge pickup?

Also, can this guitar be routed to have Gibson-sized humbuckers?
http://www.fender.com/products//search. ... 0141902338
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Re: Pickup Routing

Post by Jake »

Most guitars can be routed. and i've yet to see a fender that cant be. i'd imagine it would completely void any form of warranty tho.

I don't remember, but that guitar's pickups are mounted to the scratch plate aren't they? but it shouldn't be a problem.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
mattlp
First name: Matt

Post by mattlp »

they look like Gibson P90 pickups which are a diff shape to Gibson Humbuckers P90s are longer and narrower so you'd have to change the pickguard i think.
Shibby
Billy Spleen

Post by Shibby »

I'd buy a regular Deluxe if I were you, it already has humbuckers. Or is this one a lot cheaper?
"It doesn't matter who wins here. Our fight will continue. The loser will be liberated from the battlefield, and the survivor will live out the rest of his days as a soldier" -Big Boss
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake! wrote:Most guitars can be routed. and i've yet to see a fender that cant be. i'd imagine it would completely void any form of warranty tho.
Okay, because I wasn't sure if a mounting ring would cover all of the hole due to the funny shape of the Tele bridge. But I think a Tele Humbucker bridge plate would do the trick. Just got to find one available online or something.
mattlp wrote:they look like Gibson P90 pickups which are a diff shape to Gibson Humbuckers P90s are longer and narrower so you'd have to change the pickguard i think.
Yeah, I was planning on doing that.
Shibby wrote:I'd buy a regular Deluxe if I were you, it already has humbuckers. Or is this one a lot cheaper?
No, it's more expensive. I wanted to get the FSR Deluxe that came in arctic white, but I think they're discontinued now. So I might just grab one off Ebay when the time comes.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Dude, stop wasting your time, just use Paint.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED