Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Re: Chat with Deryck, AbsolutePunk

Post by Heather »

he answered one of my surprisingly, since I came in on the tail in there, the one about performing In Too Deep with Av
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Pretty pointless chat, didn't actually get any new information. And it really sounds like album is coming 2010... dunno
king of jesters
Bunkface

Post by king of jesters »

what's the next record going to sound like, also was the orchestra on Slipping Away inspired by The Beatles?

that's a really hard question to answer just because it's not finished yet. i'm still just in the writing phase. so far it's impossible to compare it to any of our previous albums because it's so different. but if i had to say something, it would starting off where chuck left off in a way. the songs i've been writing are really big sounding and aggressive. it's sort of like the next step from chuck and particularly we're all to blame, in the sense that it has a lot of different styles of music in one song but tends to lean more to the darker heavier side. again i don't mean it sounds like that but that's the best example i can give right now. hope that makes some kind of sense.
im liking what i hear
next step of chuck anyone?
exnay on the hombre
king of jesters
Bunkface

Post by king of jesters »

what's the next record going to sound like, also was the orchestra on Slipping Away inspired by The Beatles?

that's a really hard question to answer just because it's not finished yet. i'm still just in the writing phase. so far it's impossible to compare it to any of our previous albums because it's so different. but if i had to say something, it would starting off where chuck left off in a way. the songs i've been writing are really big sounding and aggressive. it's sort of like the next step from chuck and particularly we're all to blame, in the sense that it has a lot of different styles of music in one song but tends to lean more to the darker heavier side. again i don't mean it sounds like that but that's the best example i can give right now. hope that makes some kind of sense.
im liking what i hear
exnay on the hombre
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

king of jesters wrote:

im liking what i hear
I'm liking it. But I can't believe he's still in the writing phase.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I really hope that after this album they're gonna release remains of the other albums. Cause it seems like deryck has written A LOT of songs
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The fact that he stated he recorded 6-8 songs in December (started writing in October?) should mean that he's got a good collection of songs already.
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

Gunner wrote:The fact that he stated he recorded 6-8 songs in December (started writing in October?) should mean that he's got a good collection of songs already.
and they should be mixing right now..
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

^
Yeah, seriously... but from what it seems they haven't even started the main recordings, probably what they recorded are just demos and stuff...and if he still says he's writing that means they doesn't have all songs ready for that, which means the main recording really haven't started yet and that sucks... I mean, I wanted an album at least in christmas but this way it'll be maybe in summer 2010 or something... ><
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Hentaiman wrote:^
probably what they recorded are just demos and stuff...
that's what i think also. Deryck went on a witting spree and recorded them as demos just to get everything collected. and in his excitement he got us excited by saying he's got all these songs written and recorded, when really they were just demo ideas. not songs yet. i think he needs to calm down a bit. i mean, look at what happened with underclass hero...
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

2712 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:^
probably what they recorded are just demos and stuff...
that's what i think also. Deryck went on a witting spree and recorded them as demos just to get everything collected. and in his excitement he got us excited by saying he's got all these songs written and recorded, when really they were just demo ideas. not songs yet. i think he needs to calm down a bit. i mean, look at what happened with underclass hero...
don't worry,the new album WILL be better than UH :2cool4u: