User avatar
valderie
Newbie
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 pm

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by drummerlikestevo »

hey guys i asked cone what the set was and am happy to report that he replied! this was really bugging me...

We did a very small thing of Battery then Blackened, Sandman, Motor breath, wereever I may roam, For whom the bell tolls, Stone Cold Crazy and Master of Puppets.
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Lex
To: Cone McCaslin
Date: May 6, 2009 5:11 PM
Subject: hoodwink set?

hey cone, a lot of us from all over the world are wondering what your setlist at the hoodwink festival was? we've seen enter sandman, a bit or motorbreath, for whom the bell tolls, and wherever i may roam on youtube, but could you please tell us what other metallica songs you played? would really appreciate it. thanks!
User avatar
swarley
Billy Spleen
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:32 pm
First name: swartholomew
Age: 17
Gender:
n00b: no i'm not
360 Gamer Tag: callmeswarley
PSN ID: callmeswarley
Instrument 1: predictable
Instrument 2: penis
Instrument 3: joke

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by swarley »

I like how he says very small thing of Battery. Maybe it was just the intro? None of the fast parts?
Image
You're your own worst enemy,
Know your enemy.
User avatar
Emil
Underclass Hero
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:32 pm
First name: Emil
Age: 20
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Location: Sweden

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by Emil »

Maybe they didn't want people to hear the part of Battery that sounds exactly like The Bitter End.
Image
User avatar
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:45 pm
First name: Philip
Age: 23
Gender:
n00b: HilgaMan
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by Hentaiman »

^

hahaha, yeah maybe that was the reason haha XD
Anyway, thats cool, thats a nice setlist to fit in 30 mins, imagine how kickass could it be if they actually would play One or at least some part of it? haha, could be epic!

Anyway, nice setlist... someone should ask Cone what about the footage they filmed there, if they ever gonna release it cuz we really wanna hear it. It said on their twitter they filmed the whole hoodwink performance for people who couldn't be there, so I really hope to see their whole Metallica set.
User avatar
Slither
Hooch
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 pm
Age: 22
Gender:
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Vocals

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by Slither »

They shouldn't have played Stone Cold Crazy. It isn't a Metallica original.
It would have been fucking awesome if they played Call of the Ktullu.
spider-man
Hooch
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:49 am

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by spider-man »

^

I agree, don't see why they wasted time doing 2 non metallica songs when they only had a half hour anyway.
User avatar
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:45 pm
First name: Philip
Age: 23
Gender:
n00b: HilgaMan
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by Hentaiman »

^

Why do you mean 2 non Metallica songs? the only non Metallica song in that set is Stone Cold Crazy and I bet they just played Metallica's version of it which is obviously different than Queen's original.
spider-man
Hooch
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:49 am

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by spider-man »

they also played still waiting, which I think was a waste of time at a cover show
User avatar
valderie
Newbie
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 pm
First name: valerie
Age: 19
Gender:
Location: queens, nyc
Contact:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by valderie »

i kinda liked that they played still waiting along with stone cold crazy.
*valerie
User avatar
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:45 pm
First name: Philip
Age: 23
Gender:
n00b: HilgaMan
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by Hentaiman »

Oh, they played Still Waiting combined with Stone Cold Crazy at the Metallica set? Well, thats waste ><
spider-man
Hooch
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:49 am

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by spider-man »

^

I know! I can just see them in the practice room now..."hmmm ok well we have a half hour set of metallica songs, we have to make them all shorter, hmm I got a great idea, let's add in a song of our own we do every single night for the last 6 years!"

I read they said "this song was definitely influenced by metallica" before still waiting. and if that's the reason they wanted to play it, then they really should have just played the bitter end......makes more sense, and it's not like we get to see them play it that much anyway. heck, we see them play master of puppets even more.
User avatar
valderie
Newbie
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 pm
First name: valerie
Age: 19
Gender:
Location: queens, nyc
Contact:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by valderie »

yeah they said something like this isnt a metallica song but it was influenced by them before still waiting.
*valerie
User avatar
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:45 pm
First name: Philip
Age: 23
Gender:
n00b: HilgaMan
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, I agree that if they wanted to do something special influenced by Metallica it should have been The Bitter End. I mean, they do Still Waiting everytime anyway and suddenly they say its Metallica influenced cuz they do a Metallica set...
User avatar
the perfect li e
Billy Spleen
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:13 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by the perfect li e »

well I think they did pretty good.
You couldn't really hear deryck in some of those youtube videos very well though.
Can wait to see the good footage.
Image
User avatar
SakuCaribou
Bunkface
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:02 am
Age: 0
Instrument 1: guitare
Contact:

Re: SUM 41 DOES METALLICA

Post by SakuCaribou »

Pretty cool. Im not a bis metalicca fan.. i actually ont listen to them at all..but thats pretty damn cool!
Image
Post Reply