Moderator: Jeremy Kill

CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

ATGS update

Post by CIRCUITzach »

ALL THE GOOD SHIT: THE BEST OF SUM 41

THEIR FIRST COLLECTION, SET FOR MARCH 17TH RELEASE

14 TRACKS SPAN THEIR ENTIRE RECORDING CAREER ON ISLAND, ALONG WITH DVD OF THE BAND’S VIDEOS

Eagerly anticipated new Sum 41 studio reunion album due later in 2009

(March 4, 2009 – New York, NY) As they begin work on their fifth full-length studio album (due for release later this year), RIAA platinum Island Records group Sum 41 takes time out to assess their career so far on ALL THE GOOD SHIT: THE BEST OF SUM 41 . The newly-compiled album, first issued November 2008 in Japan (Sum 41’s biggest international territory outside their native Canada and the U.S.), will arrive in the North American physical and digital marketplace on March 17th. The collection also offers a bonus dvd featuring the band’s eclectic videos over the course of their career

This marks Sum 41’s first collection, 14-songs and 13 videos that draw from their debut mini-album Half Hour Of Power (2000), and their four full-length albums, All Killer No Filler (2001), Does This Look Infected? (2002), Chuck (2004), and Underclass Hero (2007). Also featured on ALL THE GOOD SHIT is a live version of “Hell Song.”

The final track sequence for ALL THE GOOD SHIT is as follows: 1. Still Waiting (C) * 2. The Hell Song (C) * 3. Fat Lip (B) * 4. We're All to Blame (D) * 5. Walking Disaster (E) * 6. In Too Deep (B) * 7. Pieces (D) * 8. Underclass Hero (E) * 9. Motivation (B) * 10. Makes No Difference (newly recorded alternate version, A) * 11. With Me (E) * 12. Handle This (B) * 13. Over My Head (Better Off Dead) (C) * 14. Pain for Pleasure (B) * Bonus Track: 15. The Hell Song (live version)

Key:
A – from Half Hour Of Power (2000)
B – from All Killer No Filler (2001)
C – from Does This Look Infected? (2002)
D – from Chuck (2004)
E – from Underclass Hero (2007)

ALL THE GOOD SHIT is Sum 41’s first new release since Underclass Hero, which debuted at #1 (and earned instant gold certification) in Canada and Japan – where it ousted fellow Island band Bon Jovi’s Lost Highway from the top in Japan after a one month run at #1. In an unprecedented move to launch Underclass Hero, the band performed the album live in its entirety on their website, www.sum41.com. Underclass Hero was self-produced (for the first time) by the band’s own Deryck Whibley, who wrote and produced tracks for (his wife) Avril Lavigne’s then-current album, The Best Damn Thing.

Underclass Hero was Sum 41’s long awaited follow-up to Chuck (October 2004), #10 on the Billboard 200 with more than 1 million copies sold worldwide. The album was named for the United Nations worker who daringly rescued Sum 41 from bombs and gunfire during the filming of a documentary in the Congo with the nonprofit group War Child Canada.

www.sum41.com
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Re: ATGS update

Post by Claudia »

Everything we've already known basically.Cept for the noobs,thx
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
Patrick
Billy Spleen
First name: Patrick
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Patrick »

The album was named for the United Nations worker who daringly rescued Sum 41 from bombs and gunfire during the filming of a documentary in the Congo with the nonprofit group War Child Canada.
Sounds like it is referred to Underclass Hero, which is bullshit, but I know it's not. :devious:

CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero

Post by CIRCUITzach »

lol makes no difference is only half hour song and their using new version
come on throw on What I Believe.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

wait one goddamn fucking minute. where is always?! im not buying this if always isn't on here. and where is the live version of motivation? seriously, they said it was going to be EXACTLY the same.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

CIRCUITzach wrote:new Sum 41 studio reunion album
lol. Reunion album? After 2 years of writing and touring together as a band? Really? Hype whores...

@2712 when did they say it was going to be exactly the same?
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, the tracklist is fucked up! Where is Always? :|
I can't believe they gonna finally release this best of worldwide and it won't have the only reason its even worth buying!
This and the two live tracks, the Motivation live one is great!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Looks like Japan gets the last laugh after all!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Phili wrote:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =468961919
GREATEST HITS WORLDWIDE
hey, we have some great news. for those of you who don't know, we released a greatest hits in japan at the end of last year. we've been getting a lot of fans asking us to release it around the world. so we've decided to just go for it and release the greatest hits worldwide so anyone who wants it can go get it. and thanks to all our japanese fans for making it a way bigger success than we all imagined. it's coming out MARCH 17 worldwide. make sure you spread the word! it will be slightly different though. new artwork and different title. it's going to be called SUM 41 - ALL THE GOOD SHIT. we're also in the studio working on our new album that should be out this year too. keep checking back and we'll keep you all updated. thanks a lot

deryck
sum41
okay, maybe they didn't say it would be exactly the same, but they only said that there would be a new title and new artwork.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I might just buy it for the sake of it being Sum 41. I probably won't even crack it open to listen to it.
yeahyeahsum41
Bunkface

Post by yeahyeahsum41 »

Jeremy wrote:I might just buy it for the sake of it being Sum 41. I probably won't even crack it open to listen to it.
:agreed: well actually i mite look at the booklet
whitey182

Post by whitey182 »

i cant buy it because of that cover, sorry.

Welcome to your lies, Welcome to goodbye,
You see the big world, Through small town eyes,
Welcome to the point, The point of no return,
Let the past ignite and memories burn, I say,
Welcome to Wherever You Are
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

whitey182 wrote:i cant buy it because of that cover, sorry.
Because it's ugly or because it has the word "shit" in it? I think "shit" is censored anyway.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

i dont get why a reunion album for later 2009....
tomhoppus is my hero.
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

Why can't they fucking update us properly?! And I hate it that Japan gets everything!

That's it. I'm moving to Japan.
*best signature in the world*
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero

Post by CIRCUITzach »

ReemFTW wrote:Why can't they fucking update us properly?! And I hate it that Japan gets everything!

That's it. I'm moving to Japan.
i hear they gots that ps4. and the wii x2
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

2712 wrote:
Phili wrote:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =468961919
GREATEST HITS WORLDWIDE
hey, we have some great news. for those of you who don't know, we released a greatest hits in japan at the end of last year. we've been getting a lot of fans asking us to release it around the world. so we've decided to just go for it and release the greatest hits worldwide so anyone who wants it can go get it. and thanks to all our japanese fans for making it a way bigger success than we all imagined. it's coming out MARCH 17 worldwide. make sure you spread the word! it will be slightly different though. new artwork and different title. it's going to be called SUM 41 - ALL THE GOOD SHIT. we're also in the studio working on our new album that should be out this year too. keep checking back and we'll keep you all updated. thanks a lot

deryck
sum41
okay, maybe they didn't say it would be exactly the same, but they only said that there would be a new title and new artwork.
So they didn't make any promises. Honestly, I don't think Deryck even knows what Island put on it.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Jeremy wrote:I might just buy it for the sake of it being Sum 41. I probably won't even crack it open to listen to it.
That's what I might do. I mean I do have the Japanese one so I have all three of the new songs. By new I mean always and the two live songs.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I don't get this. The three unique songs where the only reason i was planning to get this record for. Now it just seems stupid to release it if it only has one shitty live version of The Hell Song as the exclusive bit on it.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Emil wrote:I don't get this. The three unique songs where the only reason i was planning to get this record for. Now it just seems stupid to release it if it only has one shitty live version of The Hell Song as the exclusive bit on it.
Me too, I really wanted to have always in cd quality... Anyway, I might buy it, just for the DVD. At least it worths it.