Dreams.

Whatever you want to talk about!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter
Dreams.

Post by Peterr »

What do they mean? Why do only some people have them? What effects the type of dream you have? What you dream about..

Basically, could someone explain dreams/nightmares?
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Re: Dreams.

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I'm not really sure, Wikipedia says it's,
Wikipedia wrote:Dreams are sequence images, sounds and feelings experienced while sleeping, strongly associated with rapid eye movement sleep.
and
Wikipedia wrote:A nightmare is a dream which causes a strong unpleasant emotional response from the sleeper, typically fear or horror, being in situations of extreme danger, or the sensations of pain, bad events, falling, drowning or death.
I think what effects dreams is how you're feeling. If you're nervous or sacred you more likely to have nightmares. And i think many people dream. I do sometimes. I just don't remember much! :razz:
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Post by Pedro »

It's like the meaning of life in numbers.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

If you fly in your dream, it means that you have had great sex past week
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

i cant remember my dreams
lee~<3~cone XD
First name: leigh
Instrument 2: guitar
Instrument 3: piano

Post by lee~<3~cone XD »

i had a dream my geography teacher opened a restaraunt!!
explain that!!
through music we can live forever -rancid,indestructable

susz41 is my master!!! shes the best!!XD
phatass
Ma Poubelle
AKA: Underclass Brownie
Instrument 1: Drums for a band
Instrument 2: Guitar as a hobby

Post by phatass »

Well it depends on weather you believe in this stuff or not, I do and i also look in to this kind of shit. As far as i know:

They do mean something. Everything you see in your dream represents something good or bad relatively to your life. Just look up stuff in dream encyclopedias you will understand. I know dreams are really random but I believe they are important in some weird way.

I don't know why only some people have them. I think people have them but they don't remember that they even had one. :confusion:

Things that affect the type of dream you have could be recent experiences that affected you in some way, something that is on your mind, something you were thinking about just before you fell asleep etc.
spreyye
Bunkface
First name: Henrik

Post by spreyye »

The biggest chance to remember a dream is to wake up in the middle of it, not by something else just wake up (by the dream) or something, thats how i remember them, but they are usualy kinda wierred and about something crazy going on in a usual day of mine, so often i cant really tell if its a dream.
Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Post by Sara »

samueeL wrote:If you fly in your dream, it means that you have had great sex past week
That's weird.. I flew in a dream once. I used my grandmas slippers as wings. Don't ask.
spreyye wrote:The biggest chance to remember a dream is to wake up in the middle of it, not by something else just wake up (by the dream) or something, thats how i remember them
Oh. I thought you remember a dream if you wake up when you've had enough sleep. That explains me because I always wake up when I don't have enough sleep. And when I do get good long sleep, i remember what I dreamt.
And I NEVER remember my dreams lately. :sad:

Truth is everyone dreams, but most just don't remember their dreams.
I've had some fucked up dreams alright. I forgot most by now.. and other people have even more screwed up ones. :lol!:
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

I sometimes see things before they happen, they're usually small things, like i saw the title of a column in the next day's paper in my dream and when i started reading the newspaper, i had this deja vu feeling and i remembered what i saw.
I've noticed that if you go to sleep at a certain time, you will remember your dreams, but it depends on how tired you are, if you ate before bed and things like that, i thought of making an experiment, but i was too lazy, haha.
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

Everytime I wake up I can remember at least something about my dreams. Except that if I've slept like only 10 minutes I can't remember my dreams.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Janet wrote:I sometimes see things before they happen, they're usually small things, like i saw the title of a column in the next day's paper in my dream and when i started reading the newspaper, i had this deja vu feeling and i remembered what i saw.
I've noticed that if you go to sleep at a certain time, you will remember your dreams, but it depends on how tired you are, if you ate before bed and things like that, i thought of making an experiment, but i was too lazy, haha.
the deja vu thing happens a lot to me for example when i talk to someone sometimes it's like i already had the same convo and i know what they're going to say
sometimes i've "premonitions" but i think they are just mere chance
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

im taking ap psychology

i know this. rofl im having a test on it on tuesday
now.

(in german professor's voice)
a dream is simply a voice of the subconscious. your subconscious is the part of your mind that you dont work with directly, but it basically affects you thoughts and emotions and feelings about stuff. when you dream, your dreams are your subconscious mind. for example, if you've always wanted to lose your virginity, you will probably have multiple dreams about sex :devious:

yeh i pwn :2cool4u:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

I used to have a lot of dreams that actually happen. Like I dreamt someone was gonna invite me to a party, and the next day, they did! And I dreamt Cone was getting married, and he did, A week later x]

I used to fly in my dreams a lot when I was a kid. :| I saw the PPGs in my dream too x]

Whenever I have a nightmare I wake up at the climax.
I dreamt of these ghosts and people's faces (ALL BECAUSE OF THOSE MINDFUCKS!!!) and I woke up and I still saw a face.
I'm deathly afraid of moths and butterflies, and I had them all aroudn me in the dream, I woke up seeing a dark spot on my wall, and I thought it was a moth. :|
*best signature in the world*
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

^Everyone wakes up at the climax of their nightmares. It's a weird dream thing, I'm not sure what the explanation is.

I had a dream in grade 5 that the conceited guy in my class was making out with himself at the back of a bus...
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

i vary rarely remember my dreams... if i do dream that is. but when i do its just like... any normal day...

Never experienced a nightmare that woke me up/that i can remember either.
But then again... i do sleep so little these days that when i do get a few hours, i am out cold.

The "study" of dreams seems quite interesting... Like what your dreams say about you and shizz. I do possess a book on the subject. Oh god im sad.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Post by Billy41 »

A friend told me a lot about dreams and stuff and I got kinda in too it too.

I don't think dreams mean anything. But I know that dreaming is fucking awesome.
Dunno if anyone ever heard of lucid dreaming? Lucid dreaming is knowing when you're dreaming and by that manipulate the dream. This is so sweet cuz as soon as you are aware of the fact that you're dreaming you can do what ever you want because you know it's just a dream. The hardest part is how to find out if you're dreaming. Ive got some examples:

in a dream, try to check the time. If a digital clock says something like '49:A7' you get kinda confussed because you know that cant be true. If this goes well, you'll get a lucid dream. At this point I always feel verry happy. Because I realise Im going experience my wildest imagenation.

in a dream, a lot of weird stuff happens. But some stuff is so weird that it just can't be real. You think about it and you realise you're dreaming and off you go.

I always start with sqatchen trough my knees and take a huge Supermanish jump and fly away. Most of the times I fly to a place where I can: play an awesome gig, fighting a huge fight with sweet skills or some female related stuff :2cool4u:

This stuff is hard to believe but it really works. this 'skill' can also be trained. If you want to have it for a first time I'd try looking at a clock.

The best time to do this is during the REM. If you normally sleep till bout 10 in the morning. try to wake up at around 9.15 or something and go back to sleep again. If I do this I have like a 99% chance to start dreaming. And because I woke up before, Im not sleeping very deep. Wich makes it easier to realise you're dreaming.

Well, I hope some one reads all this lol:P And tries it out, because it rocks!
Enjoy

ps. Im not some kind of messed up guy who cant seperate dreams from reality!
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

Phili wrote:^Everyone wakes up at the climax of their nightmares. It's a weird dream thing, I'm not sure what the explanation is.
basically you have a few stages of sleep

the stage of sleep when u dream is called REM. the best kind because your brain is fully resting. whenever you wake up suddenly, its because your waking up OUT of REM sleep. its a cycle

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

I had a dream last night. I don't remember it.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

anyone know any good novels about dreams?
tomhoppus is my hero.