Dave

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jeremy Kill
Re: Dave

Post by Jeremy Kill »

xmarryxx wrote:i do agree with you though that it was kind of shitty of Deryck to say that Dave had no input on the band. id really like to see where thats comeing from them.
I think Deryck just said it because after Dave quit, people were saying "OMG, Sums are going to suck now! :suicide: "

And when Deryck said, "I wrote all those riffs. Creative direction will not change." It was the cure-all to everyone's problems. I believed his statement and hoped for a Chuck-like album except happier. I expected it to be so great because Deryck said it was their best work ever, and to me, their best work ever lied within Infected and Chuck, so I expected something like that. When Underclass Hero came out, I was crushed was left wondering what the heck happened.
Shibby
Billy Spleen

Post by Shibby »

Jeremy wrote:
xmarryxx wrote:i do agree with you though that it was kind of shitty of Deryck to say that Dave had no input on the band. id really like to see where thats comeing from them.
I think Deryck just said it because after Dave quit, people were saying "OMG, Sums are going to suck now! :suicide: "

And when Deryck said, "I wrote all those riffs. Creative direction will not change." It was the cure-all to everyone's problems. I believed his statement and hoped for a Chuck-like album except happier. I expected it to be so great because Deryck said it was their best work ever, and to me, their best work ever lied within Infected and Chuck, so I expected something like that. When Underclass Hero came out, I was crushed was left wondering what the heck happened.
True. I think Dave did have creative influences, at least on DTLI and Chuck.
"It doesn't matter who wins here. Our fight will continue. The loser will be liberated from the battlefield, and the survivor will live out the rest of his days as a soldier" -Big Boss
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, I remember someone asked Dave by email what he thinks about Deryck saying those stuff that Dave had no inpuit and Dave said something within the lines that he saw it coming and that he's not angry at Deryck, cuz he knows Deryck is just trying to protect his baby.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

to be honest i dont think deryck wants him back, hes loving the attention and the ability to do everything himself.

personally i dont think sum 41 will ever release another album i can listen to all the time without Dave's input