My Sum 41 Covers

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Bizzy-C92
Bunkface
First name: Chris
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: My Sum 41 Covers

Post by Bizzy-C92 »

samueeL wrote:Bizzy-C92

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/s ... ar_pro.htm

That's from Chuck tab book
Thx soooo much....=)......=) :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
We're all going to hell....!!!!
....Cross my heart and hope to die

Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Post by Sara »

Holyshitcheesefuckhell :shock: That literally gave me an eargasm! That sounded fucking amazing! Woah @ 1:55 in Still Waiting. Your hand moves really smoothly and fast :shock: How the fuck do you do that?! I think you got Cone's bass line right. Well pretty much. xD You did incredibly awesome at Over My Head O-O (But again, who am I to judge? :lol!: ) I loved what you did at 0:46 in Always. You should make a Fat Lip cover! (I'm not exaggerating, I'm just a bigass noob at instruments.)
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:Wow your covers are really good! And your guitar tone from your Deryck replica is awesome!!

So the Line 6 PODxt you're using? its this effects pedal or what?
Thanks. Yeah, the PODxt is an Amp Modeler with Effects. I think it has about 32 amp models as well as stomp boxes and stuff. I don't really use any effects or anything except for maybe the phaser sometimes, but that's about it. Everything else makes my head spin, haha.
sara41 wrote:Holyshitcheesefuckhell :shock: That literally gave me an eargasm! That sounded fucking amazing! Woah @ 1:55 in Still Waiting. Your hand moves really smoothly and fast :shock: How the fuck do you do that?!
Practice, practice, practice, haha. Actually, I just played the song a lot because it was fun and eventually my speed improved. I'm not even playing the solo properly. The solo in the tab book is a lot more simplified.
sara41 wrote:You should make a Fat Lip cover! (I'm not exaggerating, I'm just a bigass noob at instruments.)
I was thinking of doing a Fat Lip cover. Hopefully I'll get a day to myself when no one is around to bother me.
Bizzy-C92
Bunkface
First name: Chris

Post by Bizzy-C92 »

sara41 wrote: sara41 wrote:You should make a Fat Lip cover! (I'm not exaggerating, I'm just a bigass noob at instruments.)

I was thinking of doing a Fat Lip cover. Hopefully I'll get a day to myself when no one is around to bother me.
so I still waiting for your next covers......=)....I okay the guitar by myself for a long time,......and I don't like it to listen to other covers.....but you're really great and it's cool to listen to your covers...=)...
We're all going to hell....!!!!
....Cross my heart and hope to die

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Jeremy wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Wow your covers are really good! And your guitar tone from your Deryck replica is awesome!!

Thanks. Yeah, the PODxt is an Amp Modeler with Effects. I think it has about 32 amp models as well as stomp boxes and stuff. I don't really use any effects or anything except for maybe the phaser sometimes, but that's about it. Everything else makes my head spin, haha.
So as you're using it with the actual amp, it gives like a better and cleaner sound, or what? Dunno alot about amp modelers and such. I'm just using my lame Marshall 15W and thats about it.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

So as you're using it with the actual amp, it gives like a better and cleaner sound, or what? Dunno alot about amp modelers and such. I'm just using my lame Marshall 15W and thats about it.
Yeah, when I'm plugged straight into my amp, it has that annoying buzz when you're not playing because you have the gain turned up. When I've got my guitar plugged into the amp through the PODxt, the buzz is a lot quieter (I don't know why actually).

And depending on your settings, you can produce a better and cleaner sound. I was able to give my guitar a little more crunch while still having clarity on single notes.

Though finding the perfect tone is an ongoing battle, haha.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

^

Oh, thats cool. I might get myself a PODxt too, it looks really cool.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:^

Yeah, you won't be disappointed!

Unless you want to record stuff. Then you have to buy the program for another $100 or so. I was pretty pissed when I found out about that. I recorded my first song in its entirety and when I went to click "Save" for the first time it says, "this is only a demo version, go buy the full one!" So I basically wasted two hours. :mad:
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

can i get a link to your youtoube channel page. for some reason, i cannot play any of the embeded videos.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Jeremy wrote:

Yeah, you won't be disappointed!

Unless you want to record stuff. Then you have to buy the program for another $100 or so. I was pretty pissed when I found out about that. I recorded my first song in its entirety and when I went to click "Save" for the first time it says, "this is only a demo version, go buy the full one!" So I basically wasted two hours. :mad:
Oh that sucks haha. But the recording quality supposed to be good and all?
Cuz my friend told me the Line 6 Tuneport is like perfect for recording, its like a recording pedal or something by Line 6, and my friend wants to buy it for some time now, he told me its something really pro for recordings, maybe you know ? Or recording with the PODxt should be cool too? We want to do some home recordings of songs by our band :grin:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

NoReason27 wrote:can i get a link to your youtoube channel page. for some reason, i cannot play any of the embeded videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliforniaScum
Hentaiman wrote:Oh that sucks haha. But the recording quality supposed to be good and all?
Cuz my friend told me the Line 6 Tuneport is like perfect for recording, its like a recording pedal or something by Line 6, and my friend wants to buy it for some time now, he told me its something really pro for recordings, maybe you know ? Or recording with the PODxt should be cool too? We want to do some home recordings of songs by our band :grin:
I'm not sure about the Tuneport, but I think a user named washburn recorded The Hell Song solo using the PODxt (and I'm assuming the program you have to buy as well) in the Big TNS Project forum and it sounded pretty good. I'll have to ask him what program he was using the next time he come online.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

^

Oh cool. I'll check it out in the TNS Project thread if I'll manage to find it. The Tuneport sounds like a good thing though.

If I get the PODxt, can I record with it with other programs too, like Cubase? or only that special software that you should buy for it? My friend said Cubase is good for recordings.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Oh cool. I'll check it out in the TNS Project thread if I'll manage to find it. The Tuneport sounds like a good thing though.

If I get the PODxt, can I record with it with other programs too, like Cubase? or only that special software that you should buy for it? My friend said Cubase is good for recordings.
Yeah I think the link to the solo is on page 4 of "The CD" thread.

As for the PODxt, I think it might only be compatible with Line 6 products. I asked washburn yesterday what he used to record The Hell Song's solo and he said he used Riffworks.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Jeremy wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:can i get a link to your youtoube channel page. for some reason, i cannot play any of the embeded videos.
thanks! i subscribed to your channel. you're great, and you say you've never took lessons? how long ago did you start?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

NoReason27 wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
thanks! i subscribed to your channel. you're great, and you say you've never took lessons? how long ago did you start?
I started playing when I was 15 and most of my skill came from practicing Sum 41's songs. The first song(s) I learned was Motivation and Still Waiting.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

The guitar sound of your Underclass Hero cover pwns the original sound.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

AWESOME covers! Seriously, just great!
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Those are amazing... :O
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Katanamaker
First name: Conrad
Instrument 2: Rocket Ship
Instrument 3: Jesus...

Post by Katanamaker »

Hey was still wating all power cords? or did it just seem like it. any way totally awsome dude. and how well the the telacaster play? :dance:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Katanamaker wrote:Hey was still wating all power cords? or did it just seem like it. any way totally awsome dude. and how well the the telacaster play? :dance:
Yeah, all powerchords and octaves. The Telecaster plays great, I like it.