EP or Full length?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Shibby
Billy Spleen

Re: EP or Full length?

Post by Shibby »

Jeremy wrote:As long as it's still going to be that "mix of Infected and Chuck - but different" then I'm happy.
That would be the best. Punkrock mixed with hardrock and metal. I miss the solo's from DLTI? and Chuck. Wait, make that "FUCKING EPIC"
"It doesn't matter who wins here. Our fight will continue. The loser will be liberated from the battlefield, and the survivor will live out the rest of his days as a soldier" -Big Boss
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

a full length would be great, but only if they had a full albums worth of GREAT material. id rather have an awesome EP with lets say 5 great songs, rather than a full album with 5 great songs and some shit, boring filler songs thrown in.

i just wanna see them touring in Europe again!
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Post by Billy41 »

Jeremy wrote:As long as it's still going to be that "mix of Infected and Chuck - but different" then I'm happy.
please marry me
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Post by Sara »

lol.. gay marriage :wordyo:
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I'd prefer an album, it'd be awesome !!!
If I have to wait for this, yes I'll wait !!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

A full length would be great, then again it seemed like from the begging when Deryck said the EP is supposed to be more heavier stuff for the fans of DTLI and Chuck and all, it seemed like this is the sole purpose of this EP and maybe thats the reason its an EP, cuz they don't really want to release a full album worth of such material, since in Deryck's mind they progressed and matured... into the UH sound, which isn't much of a progress haha, so yeah, a full length would be awesome but only if the songs all will go the same way, though Deryck gives here hope... who knows, maybe they started with those heavier songs and just couldn't get enough so they have so much more now and its all coming together and might be a full length. I mean, they are still in the recording process and we all now the early 2009 date would be probably around the spring (no later than April-May 2009 hopefully) so I think they will record some more songs into a full album only if it all goes by their schedule and all. I doubt they will suddenly announce they decided to record an LP instead of an EP and that the LP would be out only in like August-September 2009 or so... they WILL release something this spring, I'm sure! :D

And like everyone said, new Sum 41 music is great, even if its one song, 7 songs EP or a full 13-14 songs album!
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

I'm happy with anything! I just want new Sum 41 music :D
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

I still really don't think it will sound anything like DTLI/Chuck. there's no way he would make that kind of music without dave. if anything, it will be like always I would think.

I hope I'm wrong though :mrgreen:

EDIT: heh I put this in the wrong thead, I meant to put it in the how cone says the EP will sound thread. oh well.
I am
First name: Ivan

Post by I am »

I want chuck! everybody chuck!!!