Guitaris Versatilis

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Jeremy Kill
Guitaris Versatilis

Post by Jeremy Kill »

So yeah, my custom and signature Telecasters are not really versatile guitars. They only have one pickup and basic controls. I want to get a guitar that I can use for virtually any type of music. But I know I'm going to be playing mostly rock genres for sure.

Now, I assume I'll just need another Telecaster. But the problem is, I've got a lot already and another would really be pushing it. But if push came to shove, I may consider it.

Guitars I've been considering have just been Strats, the Billie Joe Jr. and Tele's (If I must).

Main reason for Strats is because I don't have one, and I think they're kind of cool (not as cool as Tele's though). Plus I really dig the racing stripe on the John Mayer sig. Though I don' think that guitar would really be suitable for what I want to play.

The reason for the Billie Joe is because I can't find any reissues of the Les Paul Jr. and if I have a thing for that vintage sunburst. It looks beautiful and it's just the blood and guts. Super simple. I don't think I'd get another guitar for a while if I bought it. It's overpriced for sure, but it's still a great guitar.

If I were to get a Tele, which one should I get?
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Re: Guitaris Versatilis

Post by Billy41 »

This is not a very good link but:

http://images.google.nl/images?q=Squier ... a=N&tab=wi

Ive played this guitar a couple of times in my local guitarshop and I love it
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

If you'll ask me, a standard Les Paul (or an Epiphone if you don't have money for a Gibson) is the most versatile guitar you could probably get. Its good for punk, heavy metal, hard rock, alternative, grunge, blues, jazz and whatever.
playker
First name: Iker
PSN ID: crazyvito
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by playker »

yes the Les Paul is a very versatile guitar
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm probably going to hold off of this if I plan on going to Punkspring.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Hentaiman wrote:If you'll ask me, a standard Les Paul (or an Epiphone if you don't have money for a Gibson) is the most versatile guitar you could probably get. Its good for punk, heavy metal, hard rock, alternative, grunge, blues, jazz and whatever.
Okay, after much deliberation I think I want to get a Gibson Les Paul Classic in Vinatge Sunburst. I figure a Gibson would be the way to go so then I can use my Dirty Fingers humbucker.

Does anyone know a good neck pickup that goes good with a pickup like the Dirty Fingers? And do Les Pauls usually have stock 250k pots in them?