Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Re: Sum 41's Next Album

Post by Bobbyjames »

at some point they will have a GH collection, every band has one, the label tries to cash in on a band one last time after they split.
JestersPanic
First name: Luis
Last.fm Username: Stegaluisaur

Post by JestersPanic »

bobbyjames wrote:at some point they will have a GH collection, every band has one, the label tries to cash in on a band one last time after they split.
hopefully for sum41 this won't be for a long while, the splitting up i mean.

for a next album i'd like to see more creativity in it, with some DTLI influence.
Kakra41

Post by Kakra41 »

I think a lot of people who are saying "make it less mainstream" believe (in their heart of hearts) that Sum 41 should be their little "secret" band. I think some people need to get over the fact that certain things (sports, athletes, movies, music) are going to be enjoyed by people other than themselves.

Sum 41 isn't "your" secret anymore... and not liking Underclass Hero simply because it was "too mainstream" is a bunch of rubbish.

Onward.

For their next album... pull the same thing as Underclass Hero but don't overproduce it as much. If they DO go back to Chuck/harder rock... bring back Dave.
Kakra41

Post by Kakra41 »

Oh... and they should do a barber shop quartet sounding song, in a Ma Poubelle type fashion. It'd be hilarious.

Oh... and I like the idea of Cone being on the cover, but that is so trivial, who cares really.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Kakra41 wrote:I think a lot of people who are saying "make it less mainstream" believe (in their heart of hearts) that Sum 41 should be their little "secret" band. I think some people need to get over the fact that certain things (sports, athletes, movies, music) are going to be enjoyed by people other than themselves.

Sum 41 isn't "your" secret anymore... and not liking Underclass Hero simply because it was "too mainstream" is a bunch of rubbish.

Onward.
No, let's back up for a sec. Underclass Hero was a washout. Why? Because went too mainstream. It sounded redundant and used up. Every song shared a similar element, which made them unable to stand out from other songs.

You think we want them to be less mainstream so they can be our "secret little band"? Are you kidding me? Everyone knows Sum 41 and has known since All Killer. They were still popular in the Infected and Chuck eras and never flew off the radar. They could never be anyone's "secret little band" because they were never that unknown to anyone.

They need to go back to making less mainstream sounding songs because they were better. They had more quality and didn't seem like an attempt to relive the days of Fat Lip and In Too Deep.

Sorry, but it kind of pissed me off that you actually think that.
Kakra41

Post by Kakra41 »

Hey Jeremy, that's fine. I don't mind if you're upset with what I said... it was only my opinion. (As is the fact that In Too Deep doesn't hold a candle to anything on Underclass Hero.) Hope we can still be friends.

Sum 41 has put out solid albums each time and I don't think they purposely made Underclass Hero "mainstream" on purpose. I think it just came out that way. Whatever they come up with next, I'll buy... you'll buy... as will everyone else on this forum. And we'll listen to it and develop our own opinions in which none of us will be right.

But one thing is for sure: I trust Deryck, Cone & Steveo will come up with something most of us will enjoy. It is after all, their band. They can take it in whatever direction they see fit.

Cheers mate.
K41
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, no hard feelings. I liked Underclass Hero when it initially came out, but I got bored of it pretty quick and found myself listening to Infected and Chuck again, which is the reason I would like to see them go back to that sound. Not because it sounded less mainstream, but because that was the Sum 41 music style I enjoyed the most.
Kakra41

Post by Kakra41 »

Not because it sounded less mainstream, but because that was the Sum 41 music style I enjoyed the most.
See, that makes sense Jeremy. I just felt a lot of other people purposely choose to say they don't like things because they are too mainstream... even when they really enjoy it. It's part of looking cool, and feeling like an insider.

I'll also agree with you that a lot of Chuck's songs were their best. No Reason & Noots come to mind as my favorite. I do not like the Infected album as a "whole" but the style on it was very good. That kind of sounds contradictory, but I really liked the sound, just not some of the songs.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Kakra41 wrote:Hey Jeremy, that's fine. I don't mind if you're upset with what I said... it was only my opinion. (As is the fact that In Too Deep doesn't hold a candle to anything on Underclass Hero.) Hope we can still be friends.

Sum 41 has put out solid albums each time and I don't think they purposely made Underclass Hero "mainstream" on purpose. I think it just came out that way. Whatever they come up with next, I'll buy... you'll buy... as will everyone else on this forum. And we'll listen to it and develop our own opinions in which none of us will be right.

But one thing is for sure: I trust Deryck, Cone & Steveo will come up with something most of us will enjoy. It is after all, their band. They can take it in whatever direction they see fit.

Cheers mate.
K41
I 100% agree with you.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
taku222

Post by taku222 »

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/imag ... 56&s=music

This is the CD cover of BEST OF SUM41.Umm...Japanese Bento :sweat:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Patrick
Billy Spleen
First name: Patrick
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Patrick »

That looks really weird.

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

wtf? :D
taku222

Post by taku222 »

samueeL wrote:wtf? :D
I don't want to eat that :sweater:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Looks fucked up
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Whoa! That should've been the Underclass Hero cover!
junkjunkie
First name: Sid

Post by junkjunkie »

i want their next album to be a mix of chuck and underclass hero with a little touch of all killer no filler. that would kick ass.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

^

I think Always, the new song, sounds like a mix of UH and Infected/Chuck era.
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

I would like it to sound between DTLI,All Killer, No Filler, something little bit new, little tiny bit chuck to give it oommpphh, lol and something like new song always as i love it, maybe tiny bit of underclass hero.

listening to new song "Always" it has sort of chuck sound i think, but also something new as well as bit of underclass hero an DTLI possibly, love' it !

I've loved everything sum 41 has done so far, although i do prefer more Killer, DTLI to Underclass sort stuff to chuck, but then again i love song "No Reason"!

:hehe:
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

i would like a mix of uch and all killer with songs like still waiting and pieces thrown in
i agree it should still be about real life and personal.
lindsey_jocz

Post by lindsey_jocz »

Kakra41 wrote:I think a lot of people who are saying "make it less mainstream" believe (in their heart of hearts) that Sum 41 should be their little "secret" band. I think some people need to get over the fact that certain things (sports, athletes, movies, music) are going to be enjoyed by people other than themselves.

Onward.

For their next album... pull the same thing as Underclass Hero but don't overproduce it as much. If they DO go back to Chuck/harder rock... bring back Dave.

Along the lines of what a lot of other people are saying, I also don't think that Sum 41 were ever a "secret" band. Remember when AFNF came out? They were literally in every teen-pop-girly magazine you picked up. They were unbelievably mainstream. And I loved that. They were everywhere.
If Underclass Hero made them "too mainstream"......then why do I never hear of them anymore?