Converting MP3 to DRM?

Calling all nerds! Talk tech in this forum.

Moderator: Boni

Jeremy Kill
Converting MP3 to DRM?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I was wondering if it's even possible because I'm looking all over the internet and it just seems like you can only convert DRM files into something else and not vise versa.

I want to put these custom-made ringtones on my phone, but the only way it'll be set is if it's a DRM file.
ejk41
Bunkface

Re: Converting MP3 to DRM?

Post by ejk41 »

I tried to find something and like you said, seems like all there is are drm to mp3's etc. But I don't know, usually when I put custom ring tones onto my phone, i use that myxer.com site, the link is sent to my phone, I type it in on the computer and d/l on the computer, and then bluetooth from my laptop to my phone.. haha. How are you doing yours?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Well, I have a Mac and I just cut up some tunes on Garageband and sent them out as "Ringtones." Amazingly, my phone (Samsung J706) doesn't recognize it. I just transfered the files with a Micro SD card and a USB.

I ended up having to download a random converter to make them mp3's, but then it says it won't be set as a ringtone because it's non-DRM. The ringtones play and everything, I just can't set them up.
ejk41
Bunkface

Post by ejk41 »

Hm I've never heard of it being like that before, sorry of no help .. well if you haven't you should check out myxer.com ..
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Thanks, I'll try whatever I can to replace my shitty ringtone with a better one.
ejk41
Bunkface

Post by ejk41 »

http://www.myxer.com It's free, just have to register, and then you can upload songs and customize them how you want. After that they'll send you a text message with the link to download, so if you have internet on your phone that you can do that, otherwise you can type the link onto your computer, then just buy a bluetooth usb and bluetooth it to your phone.. works for me.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

How long does it usually take to receive a text from them?
ejk41
Bunkface

Post by ejk41 »

Generally about 10-15 seconds after you've finished mixing it.. It's really fast.. great service...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Oh well, it took about 12 hours for me to receive the text and they didn't have the proper format for the ringtone. Then I had an option to choose a file type, but when I selected one nothing happened and that's where I got stuck. Ah well, I just have this phone for another year and a half anyways. Thanks for all your help!
ejk41
Bunkface

Post by ejk41 »

Yep no problem sorry it didn't help you out with your problem! hopefully you'll figure something out.