Avril

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
the perfect li e
Billy Spleen
Re: Avril

Post by the perfect li e »

I don't know what she's like so I won't talk about that. I liked her what she stood up for in her early days, she hated spoiled celebrities, hated their lifestyle and everything about them. She was a rebel, a thing I could relay to, understand, respect. And then..... she did the worst thing imaginable. She became what she once couldn't stand, hated, despized. Betrayed the idea she so firmly believed in. That if you ask me is unforgivable.

I don't like deryck any less beacuse of her tho.It's his choice to marry her he must've had good reasons. His work is just the best there is and nothing can change that.
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

the perfect li e wrote:I don't know what she's like so I won't talk about that. I liked her what she stood up for in her early days, she hated spoiled celebrities, hated their lifestyle and everything about them. She was a rebel, a thing I could relay to, understand, respect. And then..... she did the worst thing imaginable. She became what she once couldn't stand, hated, despized. Betrayed the idea she so firmly believed in. That if you ask me is unforgivable.

I don't like deryck any less beacuse of her tho.It's his choice to marry her he must've had good reasons. His work is just the best there is and nothing can change that.
i hate that too. like she did a 180. she can call it growing up all she wants but i call it bs. i don't expect her to be 17 forever but c'mon she hated those people and now she is one of them. 2 different people from pre-hollywood to becoming everything about hollywood she hated.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

I hate to admit it, but I agree with you both 100%. I still like her music though.
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

i still like her music. her new album wasn't great and thats puting it nicely but im glad to hear she plans on writing a more serious album for her next one. so chances are she will change her image yet again.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

^

Which is probably better than this pop princess image she has now, but still... she's annoying with all this changing fashions of her.
adrianSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Adrian

Post by adrianSum »

hollywood+money can change your mind
the perfect li e
Billy Spleen

Post by the perfect li e »

adrianSum wrote:hollywood+money can change your mind
Yeah the money and all certianly affects you in a way, but still you gotta remember what your convictions are.

Anyway watch out if you get famous, rich etc. :wink:
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

if you look at a video like losing grip. or any video from her first album then compare it to girlfriend or hot its like night and day. she had a great style claimed to be different. she was so determined not to be another hilary duff. thats what i don't get. she looks like barbie now. theres nothing unique about her.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
adrianSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Adrian

Post by adrianSum »

cool kids wrote:if you look at a video like losing grip. or any video from her first album then compare it to girlfriend or hot its like night and day. she had a great style claimed to be different. she was so determined not to be another hilary duff. thats what i don't get. she looks like barbie now. theres nothing unique about her.
thats something called marketing just look some photos before lg and youll see
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

yeah but at least the marketed image she had for let go was different from what was out at the time compared to the other pop artists. i was watching the younghollywood abby dawn interview yesterday. avril was like i was a 17 yr old kid wearing baggy pants and now i wear tight jeans. if that was the only thing that has changed about her id be a much happier avril fan. but its not.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

What the hell is wrong with growing up? She was 17 when she came out, shes 23 now. She's not a fucking tomboy anymore, she's a woman. Be happy that she doesn't run around like she used to when she was 17 instead of bitching about it.
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

nothing. but she seemed to not care what people thought of her back then. now it seems like she doesn't say no to any of their idea or suggestions. its not about her being 17 forever. it seems like she threw anything she believed in out the window with tbdt. she just keeps using the fact the she is older now as an excuse imo.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

yeah I just can't understand how she can just ignore everything by saying "I grew up"

maybe when I do I'll understand....lol I don't know
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

have you guys heard the new dvd ?? it's sounds a bit weird i know she has improved her voice and all that stuff but still it sounds too "clean"
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

She's a good girl now, not that wild tomboy punk chick :neutral:
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

Still Waiting wrote:have you guys heard the new dvd ?? it's sounds a bit weird i know she has improved her voice and all that stuff but still it sounds too "clean"
yeah they edited her voice waaay too much. i kinda sick of talking about it though cause ive discussed it so much on bandaids lol.
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

I wonder why they edited her so much on this DVD? why not on my world instead? that's the only DVD I actually thought she sounded bad on....
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by upperclasszero »

i appreciate her more that shes derycks wife, but i still dont like her music
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Hentaiman wrote:She's a good girl now, not that wild tomboy punk chick :neutral:
she's not a "good girl" have you seen her new videos? if anything, she's a whore.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

NoReason27 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:She's a good girl now, not that wild tomboy punk chick :neutral:
she's not a "good girl" have you seen her new videos? if anything, she's a whore.
Well, I guess it depends how you look at it. I saw some footage of her back in 2002-2003 where she was this tomboy punk chick and she did crazy stuff and was totally crazy, and all, you know, tomboy and cool and all, and now she's all like Britney and shit... so i guess its really not too good girl. I haven't seen her new videos except for "Girlfriend" but I guess being now a pop star like Britney or Lindsay Lohan or whatever means to be a whore ><