Sum 41's Next Album

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: Sum 41's Next Album

Post by LTS »

i really don't see them making a new album for a while...

and btw; all the noobs are annoying as hell...
One of a Kind of Something
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

I don't see them starting real work on this at least 'til November because Cone either like just got married or is getting married soon and Steve is getting married in October, so they'll both want some "just married" space for at least a few weeks. Annnnd if Deryck approaches the writing of this one like he did "Underclass Hero," he'll want them to be around to give opinions on the song ideas. Not that he'll listen to said opinions, ahem, but you get the picture.

But I do see work starting on this by the beginning of next year.

Which is thumbs up.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

Phili wrote:I don't see them starting real work on this at least 'til November because Cone either like just got married or is getting married soon and Steve is getting married in October, so they'll both want some "just married" space for at least a few weeks. Annnnd if Deryck approaches the writing of this one like he did "Underclass Hero," he'll want them to be around to give opinions on the song ideas. Not that he'll listen to said opinions, ahem, but you get the picture.

But I do see work starting on this by the beginning of next year.

Which is thumbs up.
im down with that just as long as there is a new cd
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

I guess I want something more like chuck and DTLI. I'd would like a mix of the metal and pop punk like in DTLI though, that's why it''s my favorite album, the best of both worlds (doesn't always have to be one or the other) but I must admit, my tastes get harder all the time, so I hope they start doing stuff like grab the devil, the bitter end, mr. amsterdam, and the breakdown in 88 again
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, Phili, I hope you're right that they will indeed start working this November or at least in the beggining of new year, cuz then it actually means we'll have a new album by around summer 2009, and to be honest, as much as I would like that, Its kinda hard for me to believe, cuz you know, with every album, they take more gap time between albums.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Hentaiman wrote:Well, Phili, I hope you're right that they will indeed start working this November or at least in the beggining of new year, cuz then it actually means we'll have a new album by around summer 2009, and to be honest, as much as I would like that, Its kinda hard for me to believe, cuz you know, with every album, they take more gap time between albums.
I picture more of a November 09 release
tomhoppus is my hero.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

I don't see a new album released in the first half of 2009. If it comes out in 2009 I'd expect it to be late 2009.
xmarryxx
King of Contradiction
First name: marry
n00b: GreenReem41
AKA: marry
Instrument 1: GUITAR FTW
Instrument 2: piano
Instrument 3: bass

Post by xmarryxx »

as long as its sum 41 ill like it. there is no album i like more than the other. there all perfect to me. so if they keep doing what ther doing then ill most likly like it. i no its not the most imaginative thing to say but its true :fro:
Jan 22, 2009

cone u r so fucking kool stevo u r fucking bizzyd u r cool too whats your new album called
asked by cone1212 on Jan 21, 2009 5:03pm

Contrary to what you just wrote, I'm not fucking bizzy d. We're just friends. Let's not go and make Cone jealous now...
answered by Stevo on Jan 22, 2009 2:18pm
if you like this Q&A, then you should read my story:
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=5382

UPDATED!

Still Waiting is my amazing master

GreenReem41 and Sara41 are my awsome noobs
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

why does everyone bitch about cone not being evolved enough, it was just one fuckin video that we saw that deryck didnt like a certain bass line cone was playing, one fuckin video, deryck is the lead singer, he should sing all the songs, maybe cone can do backup, but who gives a flying fuck
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well I do have to agree. I don't think it was as bad as we think, since they were both happy in the end.
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

Mike wrote:why does everyone bitch about cone not being evolved enough, it was just one fuckin video that we saw that deryck didnt like a certain bass line cone was playing, one fuckin video, deryck is the lead singer, he should sing all the songs, maybe cone can do backup, but who gives a flying fuck
Look at the tabs of bass parts, they're the same thing for probably 60% of the songs, obviously not the same key or like that but the exact same chord progression, I'm sure he's bored with it.
tomhoppus is my hero.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

who wouldn't be?
burnout

Post by burnout »

d4rkst4r wrote:
Mike wrote:why does everyone bitch about cone not being evolved enough, it was just one fuckin video that we saw that deryck didnt like a certain bass line cone was playing, one fuckin video, deryck is the lead singer, he should sing all the songs, maybe cone can do backup, but who gives a flying fuck
Look at the tabs of bass parts, they're the same thing for probably 60% of the songs, obviously not the same key or like that but the exact same chord progression, I'm sure he's bored with it.
damn right. its not "just one fucking video". we can hear that the basslines are pretty boring in all the songs
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Unless you actually listen to the bass on the CD. And listen to Cone's statement in that video, "Every song has that progression." It's "one fuckin video" that really points out why Underclass Hero was a failure.

I don't see how it was pushing any boundaries whatsoever. Using the same chord progressions? Seriously?

As long as the next album is a severed tie from Underclass Hero, I'm happy. As long as Cone can be more creative, I'm happy. As long as is isn't totally obvious Sum 41 is trying to be famous again, I'm happy.

And for those who like Underclass Hero because it's catchy music again, then Stevo was right. "As long as its catchy, kids don't give a fuck." It's as if having catchy hooks makes up for repetitive music.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well just about every band out there is repetitive. so I don't really think it's all that big of a deal, but I do hope they do more with the music and not just lyrics next time (no offense to deryck)

sorry if this posted twice, my computer is being stupid.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Um, Mike, considering I SHOWED Cone the comments that were made and he APPRECIATED them, I'd say that we're not pushing any boundaries whatsoever by making a big deal about "one fuckin video."

*thumbs up*

I don't see a new album AT ALL in the first half of 2009. I'm thinking late 2009, early 2010.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

to be honest I think it's about a 70% chance we're NOT getting another album. I would love and hope to be wrong though.
scottrowan200
Bunkface
First name: Scott

Post by scottrowan200 »

why dont you think they be another
Welcome To Hell
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

cause they don't seem to be doing that great right now from what I can tell.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

^

I think they actually do. They just need to take a time off and see things through you know, since UH wasn't such a hit and all like Deryck expected, but I do hope we gonna have a new album in 2009 :fro: