Deryck solo
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: If Sum 41 breaks up.

Post by SociallyInept »

That would be blasphomy if Deryck became Avril's touring guitarist. Besides, he's not that great of a lead guitarist, so I dunno how it would work. I can't see him just playing rhythm.
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

jotty wrote:I don't see Deryck having a solo career..
yeah exactly why does everyone say that?
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by HilgaMan »

SociallyInept wrote:I can't see him just playing rhythm.
What does he do in Sum 41 then? lol.
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

HilgaMan wrote:
:agreed:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

lindsey_jocz

Post by lindsey_jocz »

iemnaiz wrote:
jotty wrote:I don't see Deryck having a solo career..
yeah exactly why does everyone say that?
Because as of lately, he's hardly even had a non-solo career.
People would be like ....Deryck who?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

HilgaMan wrote:
Well, yeah, maybe on albums he plays guitar and all (now all guitars) but thats the part we don't see, we just see the music videos and live shows and there he barely plays any guitar , haha, so he does play live rhythm but barely anything really. Just in solos and chorus parts. He never plays the guitar in verses of the song, although it could give the songs maybe a bit harder and tougher sound when two guitars play that.

Or maybe if Sum 41 breaks up Deryck would take some guitar lessons and would become a kickass lead guitarist, then he'll start this solo career with him playing solo guitar and leads, and then he would also release some Steve Vai/Joe Satriani style instrumental rock and fusion album, and go solo touring with his instrumental material :grin: hahahaha

Or maybe he'll become a kickass lead guitarist and reform Sum 41 with a new line up just to show off and show people he can play Sum 41 leads and The Bitter End solo :grin:
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

TBH on the deryck and playing guitar thing, I think he just doesn't try at all or he isn't that amazing at guitar. Mainly because if you notice in most all live videos and shows (old ones with dave still in the band), deryck guitar is always so much lower then dave's in volume. TBH again, I think it's intentionally done by then because the guitar is so low sometimes, I use to believe deryck and dave played almost in exact sync when really, his volume was to low to hear it, making people believe he was actually playing along when dave was carrying the guitar work. Nothing offense or wrong with that because then people won't really hear any mistakes at all and deryck can focus on singing and stuff. BTW, a great example of this is pukkelpop festival.
tomhoppus is my hero.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

yeah I agree, my speaker was screwed up once when watching Sake bombs, so I only heard deryck's guitar. man was I surprised at how much he didn't even seem to try. all his playing sounded so muddy, maybe cause he was doing full chords instead of power chords with the distortion up.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

^

Really? maybe I'll need to try and fuck up one of my speakers to hear this haha.

But its stupid, I mean, yeah, that way he can focus on singing and shit, but... he's still the singer/rhythm guitarist. Nobody forced him to play guitar and he sometimes seems like he really doesn't wanna do it (and thats why like during the Chuck era, he barely played it in half of the songs), but I mean, if you decided you're a singer/guitarist, so do you're duty, don't fuck up. Yeah, maybe that way he can focus on singing, but god, he's no a 100% singer, he has his rhythm guitar duties.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

HilgaMan wrote:
}

Uh, sing?
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well I do think he's better then he really shows us. because I wouldn't have thought he could pull off solos like pull the curtain or even with me before underclass hero came out. they aren't crazy solos, but still more then you would think.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

if sum 41 broke up i couldnt see deryck doing anything for a long time. he would just hang around avril then maybe do something really small years later

cone would be with operation m.d. and maybe do a bunch of side projects

steve would just direct very few music videos (if any at all) and be a touring drummer for other bands
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

I hope they don't look at this thread and get ideas about breaking up.... :sosad:
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

TPN: When you're too old to jump around onstage, what'll you do? M: I'll be doing this forever. Once the band and fame goes away, I'll play the bar circuit. I'd play alone for only 20 people. S: Oh no, no way. Once the tour buses go away, Steve-O goes away.

Cone will move onto another band for sure.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

d4rkst4r wrote:TBH on the deryck and playing guitar thing, I think he just doesn't try at all or he isn't that amazing at guitar. Mainly because if you notice in most all live videos and shows (old ones with dave still in the band), deryck guitar is always so much lower then dave's in volume. TBH again, I think it's intentionally done by then because the guitar is so low sometimes, I use to believe deryck and dave played almost in exact sync when really, his volume was to low to hear it, making people believe he was actually playing along when dave was carrying the guitar work. Nothing offense or wrong with that because then people won't really hear any mistakes at all and deryck can focus on singing and stuff. BTW, a great example of this is pukkelpop festival.
Yeah, when I watched them perform The Hell Song I was like, "What happened to the first part of the solo?" You could just barely hear it.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

yeah I don't really think they mean to make his lower, cause that's the only concert I can think of where they did it. normally I can hear deryck just as well as dave.
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Deryck would definitely not be in Avril's back-up band, lol. NOT HAPPENING.

I DO see Deryck in a solo career. He could pull it off... he just probably wouldn't be very commercially successful.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well as far as deryck playing with avril goes, I don't think it would end up happening. but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

deryck will go solo
steve will play drums occasionally for bands
cone will just fade away

i have a boner :dance: