One Year Anniversary

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: One Year Anniversary

Post by LTS »

Lars wrote:Sum 41 is currently taking a break to prepare new songs for their upcoming album, which should be out by late 2008 or early 2009.
source: Wikipedia

That's not right, isn't it?
That's nearly impossible!
not a reliable source all the time...

i happen to know that that particular info is unsourced completely.

because i was the one who removed it from the article because it was unsourced.

wikipedia ftw.
One of a Kind of Something
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Kevin

Post by d4rkst4r »

dont you mean ftl?
tomhoppus is my hero.
Kelbunk
Billy Spleen
First name: Kelby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Kelbunk »

i dunno...i liked some of the other albums better i think but underclass hero was still the shit...alot of the lyrics from the songs i felt a relation too. I just don't think sum 41 is gonna get as much playtime on like the radio and music video request shows as they should these days because all this rap and shit seems to be king.

I am HEM's n00b....rad.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

My theory as to why many can relate to Underclass Hero:

Underclass Hero (Teen Anthem/Rebellion Song)
Walking Disaster (Self-Loather)
Speak of the Devil (Personal Demons)
Dear Father (Family Problems)
Count Your Last Blessings (Personal Demons)
Ma Poubelle (Joke Song)
March of the Dogs (Political Song)
The Jester (Political Song)
With Me (Love Song)
Pull the Curtain (Panic Attack Song)
King of Contradiction (Traditional Spin-in-your-face Sum 41 Song)
Best of Me (Apology/Love Song)
Confusion and Frustration in Modern Times (Song About Society)
So Long Goodbye (Farewell Song)

The songs all attach to different aspects of life, so anyone who's anybody can have a sliver of relation to it.

In my opinion, Underclass Hero is a decent pop-punk CD. But definately not Sum 41's greatest work ever.
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

Tom Cruise wrote:This album was really a disappointment for me. I feel like the band took a step back instead of a step forward. In fact, they took more than a step back. They made a more mature and mainstream version of All Killer No Filler. Rather than making an album about fun and parties, they chose to make an album full of all the recipes of todays poster bands. They took a number from Green Day's book and wrote some political songs, along with a dash of personal songs, or "emo" songs, as the mainstream would call them. In all of this they forgot to do something that is huge for any Sum 41 fan, and that is the awesome beginning riff. Songs such as "Fat Lip" and "The Hell Song" are perfect examples of that. Those two opening riffs just make you smile and say "man this rocks". Well, it makes me say that anyways. The album all in all is decent, but it has very little lasting power for anyone who doesn't think everything Sum 41 does is the best thing alive. If you're not putting your biased opinion in front of everything, you will realize that this album just isn't the best album this band could make... especially coming off of an album like Chuck, that had such a different influence to it.
THIS IS SO DAMN TRUE. WHERE HAVE ALL THE SONGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY AND SING ALONG LIKE SOME IDIOT GONE TO?