The Sounds Of Animals Fighting- New Album Info

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
kevin5064
Hooch

The Sounds Of Animals Fighting- New Album Info

Post by kevin5064 »

i dont think there are many fans of them here, but hell check this cd out when it's released anyway.

[size=7pt]
CATALOG DATA
No: #86939
US Rel. Date: 09/09/2008
EU Rel. Date: 09/08/2008
Type: Full[/size]

Tracklist:

01. The Ocean And The Sun
02. I, The Swan
03. Another Leather Lung
04. Cellophane
05. The Heraldic Beak Of The Manufacturer's Medallion
06. Uzbekistan
07. Blessings Be Yours Mister V
08. Ahab
09. On The Occasion Of Wet Snow

They return with their visionary, highly conceptual third collaboration: The Ocean and the Sun. A tinkering, rewiring and experimentation with modern and traditional music forms, the endlessly inventive album tacks toward a ghostly, natural energy in both its organic production (this is the third piecemeal assembly of the Lynx, the Walrus, the Skunk and the Nightingale) and its subject: the raw vastness of nature, the Sun, the ocean, and how we fail to recognize its power and mystery. Both a mash-up of decades of musical influences and a visceral, fine-tuned mosaic, The Ocean and the Sun further galvanizes the band's role in the creation and rethinking of what music will and should be.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Re: The Sounds Of Animals Fighting- New Album Info

Post by wiggs1441 »

who????
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

damn i listened to one of their songs, and to me it was just noise. it was this bizzare noises combined with distorted guitars, synths and what not. just sounded so weird, god. not my cup of tea.
And I thought The Mars Volta are a bizzare band, but they actually do it with style, and i like them. I didn't like this band at all. I dunno if this is supposed some experimental post-hardcore/progressive rock project, or whatever but its sounds more like a wanna be Mars Volta post-hardcore band , and they don't really do it well.
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim

Post by Shiv »

hah
this is the wierdest shit ever

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Hentaiman wrote:damn i listened to one of their songs, and to me it was just noise. it was this bizzare noises combined with distorted guitars, synths and what not. just sounded so weird, god. not my cup of tea.
And I thought The Mars Volta are a bizzare band, but they actually do it with style, and i like them. I didn't like this band at all. I dunno if this is supposed some experimental post-hardcore/progressive rock project, or whatever but its sounds more like a wanna be Mars Volta post-hardcore band , and they don't really do it well.

lol you are a stupid mother fucker...mars volta wanna be band? you have to be kidding me. this band is a huge musical project with tons of amazing musicians.

Rich Balling (Formerly of Rx Bandits)
Matt Embree (Rx Bandits)
Chris Tsagakis (Rx Bandits)
Anthony Green (Circa Survive)
Derek Dougherty (Finch)
Randy Strohmeyer (Finch)
Marc Mcknight (Atreyu)
Vanessa Chibba
Charlie Adams
Rich Zahniser (Never Heard Of It)
Matthew Kelly (The Autumns)
Ryan Baker
Craig Owens (Chiodos)

now you seriously think the main goal of this band is to be a mars volta wanna be band? the original bands they are in kick the shit out of the mars volta.

im guessing everyone here listened to one song on the myspace. that represents nothing of this band. go listen to some samples on itunes then go download the cd somewhere.

its like everyone on this forum has such a strict taste in music and they refuse to go beyond the pop punk scene.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

I like it, it sounded really cool to me. Very unique. I'll definitely get an album by them.
kevin5064 wrote: its like everyone on this forum has such a strict taste in music and they refuse to go beyond the pop punk scene.
I get that vibe sometimes too. I used to be like that but now I have a bit of variety. Rap to punk to electronic to indie rock/pop to lo-fi. And more.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

He's not a stupid motherfucker for not liking a band. :roll: I think they're gimmicky garbage. Just weird ass sounds with a horrible voice.

I listen to music from brand new to lil wayne to metallica. please explain how this is so closed minded. :roll:
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

I listen to music from blink-182 to Green Day
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip

Post by Hentaiman »

kevin5064 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:damn i listened to one of their songs, and to me it was just noise. it was this bizzare noises combined with distorted guitars, synths and what not. just sounded so weird, god. not my cup of tea.

lol you are a stupid mother fucker...mars volta wanna be band? you have to be kidding me. this band is a huge musical project with tons of amazing musicians.

Rich Balling (Formerly of Rx Bandits)
Matt Embree (Rx Bandits)
Chris Tsagakis (Rx Bandits)
Anthony Green (Circa Survive)
Derek Dougherty (Finch)
Randy Strohmeyer (Finch)
Marc Mcknight (Atreyu)
Vanessa Chibba
Charlie Adams
Rich Zahniser (Never Heard Of It)
Matthew Kelly (The Autumns)
Ryan Baker
Craig Owens (Chiodos)

now you seriously think the main goal of this band is to be a mars volta wanna be band? the original bands they are in kick the shit out of the mars volta.

im guessing everyone here listened to one song on the myspace. that represents nothing of this band. go listen to some samples on itunes then go download the cd somewhere.

its like everyone on this forum has such a strict taste in music and they refuse to go beyond the pop punk scene.

Well, i haven't listened to the myspace song, i listened to some weird song on youtube, i dont even remember how i got to it, and first of all, i don't think the bands those guys are in are better than The Mars Volta, and if going post-hardcore, definitely not better than Cedric's and Omar's past band - At the Drive-In.

second, by saying wanna be Mars Volta band i meant that they sound kinda like Mars Volta, i mean the whole experimental post-hardcore/progressive sound with the screams and all, only to me it doesn't sound as good as mars volta, especially the vocals. I didn't mean they are like a wannabe band, but they are kinda doing what Mars Volta already did.

And dude, believe me, you don't know everyone on the forum, it maybe seems like everyone only into pop punk which isn't true, or at least not the majority, i know lots of people here listen to lots of metal, indie, alternative, hardcore and what not.

I myself listen to pop punk as Sum 41 and Blink 182, and lots of other genres including Heavy metal such as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, thrash metal such as Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica, post-hardcore such as At the Drive-In and Scary Kids Scaring Kids, metalcore such as Bullet for my valentine, Trivium and As I Lay Dying, melodic death metal such as In Flames and Dark Tranquillity, hardcore punk such as Circle Jerks and Black Flag, oldschool hard rock such as AC/DC, Van Halen, Kiss and Whitesnake, glam metal such as Motley Crue, Tesla and Winger, and other stuff like David Bowie, Alice Cooper, Treble Charger, Mars Volta, The Beatles, The Who, System of a Down, Guns N' Roses, Billy Idol, Extreme, DramaGods, Satellite Party, Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rollins Band, Queensryche, Slayer, Helmet, Foo Fighters, Nirvana and more.

So please tell me how am i close minded before you got to know me...
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

lol You got him ^
asthenia

Post by asthenia »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC-vd-uCIg8

weird. i cant really understand it. what i made out of it was "the time of this transmission is july 22nd...release one song under one condition...you must wait seven days...july 29th..."

EDIT: if its a new song hes talking about...

THENZOMGIMUBEREXCITEDBLAH!
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Bass Cone wrote:lol You got him ^
lol. no he didnt. you think i am even going to read his post considering how long it is?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

kevin5064 wrote:
Bass Cone wrote:lol You got him ^
lol. no he didnt. you think i am even going to read his post considering how long it is?
and you call him closed-minded. :roll:

i don't want to pick a fight with anyone. i don't really like the whole screaming genre, so shoot me because i don't listen to that wide of variety. i like most music that is in some way connected to rock.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
asthenia

Post by asthenia »

so yeah. new song out next tuesday guys. :roll: